Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Debut

Why hello everyone. My name is Raz Pounardjian and this is the first time I have ever written a blog. I was born on June 18th 1988 in Cleveland Ohio. I am a junior at John Carroll University. One of the many loves in my life is sports. I truly enjoy all Cleveland sports, this includes the Cleveland Browns, Indians, and Cavaliers. Also, I am a big fan of the Cleveland State Vikings basketball team. Aside from Cleveland Sports, I root for the UCLA Bruins basketball team. Some of my favorite athletes include: Shannon Stewart, LeBron James, Steve Prefontaine, Rafael Betancourt, Ben Wallace, Kevin Love, Allen Iverson, John Wooden, Michael Beasley, J'Nathon Bullock, Victor Morris, Jim Brown, Ted Ginn Jr., Chris Douglas Roberts, Josh Cribbs, and Kellen Winslow Jr. There are many others but I probably have forgotten about them now.

The reason why I decided to start writing a blog is because I would like to increase the exposure of Cleveland Sports on the internet. Also, I host a radio program on WJCU 88.7 FM, and I talk lots of sports on my show. I want to put these thoughts on the web for everyone to read. I will try to give equal time to all Cleveland teams on my blog. For those of you who are OSU fans, I apologize. I probably won't write about them, unless there is a big game or an interesting story coming out. When I decide to write on a specific team, I hope to give the actual story, along with the implications and any opinions I may have on the matter. When reading through my blogs, I am sure you will begin to notice the types of players I like, and the types of players I don't like. My intentions are not to just call out players and criticize them, but to see why they are playing they way they are.

The first actual story will hopefully be posted within the coming week. I want to thank all of you who read this first blog, and I hope you will not only read, but contribute with your thoughts.

-Raz

No comments: